Monday, January 27, 2014

So...as I was saying

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled across a blog created by a Stay at Home Dad (SAHD, pronounced "SAD"). In the blog the SAHD leaves Post-it notes to his wife about the everyday goings on of a SAHD. I found two things funny about this: 1. The blog itself! It was creatively done and the dad had the requisite sense of humor needed to do this job. If you haven't seen it yet you can check it out here: http://moreclaremore.com/stay-home-dad-leaves-post-wife/ 2. About 17 people had the reaction "HEY!! It's a funny blog about a SAHD! I need to show this to Dean!!" Thanks for thinking of me everyone! The blog has clearly inspired me to resurrect my old blog (probably not for long as previously stated, but we'll see! I have decided to take a more serious tone with my blog this time however. Ford having Type 1 Diabetes is a serious stiuation and I take my job as his caretaker seriously. Here is a brief synopsis of our typical day: first it's breakfast time
breakfast is usually easy as I only have to keep the following things in mind: his current blood glucose level(BG), his rise/fall rate, the amount of carbs he is having for breakfast, the TYPE of carbs he is having for breakfast (25 carbs of cereal acts differently than 25 carbs of toast), the time he is having breakfast, the amount of insulin he is getting, how fast he is eating, what his breakfast/lunch BG's have been for the past few days, what he'll probably be having for lunch and is it a school day?...off the top of my head
After breakfast Ford gets to watch a little TV then it's straight on to homework! As he doesn't usually have any for school I try to come up with challenging yet fun things to help reinforce his core basics After homework, it's free time!
There are few things more rewarding to me than the time I get to spend playing with my son!
All the while that these activities are happening, I have to remain extra vigilant of his BG Anyway, I hope to at least be able to do this occasionally. Ford and I have a lot of fun during the day and I hope to show that to some of you through this blog!

1 comment:

Briana said...

I love this post and hope you do more! I think you could carve out quite a niche - I doubt there are too many other SAHD's with CWD out there who blog!