If you look at the attached photo, you can see what Torticollis is. This is relevant because Ford has Torticollis. Look hard, do you see it? Now, I know some of you (those that have youngsters or are nurses) immediately know what Torticollis is, but most of you are like me. You look at this photo while searching for Torticollis and you think three things:- Ain't nothing wrong with that kid.
- Mmmm Torticollis, sounds like a Mexican dish.
- Boy, that kid is stylin' in his new Hurley (not the guy from "Lost") outfit.
Well, see the way way his head barely leans to the right? The fancy word for that is Torticollis. Basically it means the muscles on one side of his neck do not get used as much and tend to get short and tight. This can cause a variety of minor (and some major) health issues for him down the road if not corrected. Come to find out though, the cure for this is as easy as some simple stretches!
HOORAY!!!! Right?
Wrong!
In the last few days I have learned a new fact about babies and mine in particular:
Babies do not like to have their head held.
On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "Boo-Hoo, I don't want you to hold my head" and 10 being "Oh my GOD, I think this person is trying to kill me or something", Ford checks in at about a 12.5.
When we first saw the Therapist and Briana being the tender-hearted Mommy that she is, she cried when she saw his reaction to his exercises. I, on the other hand immediately thought "I can get him back for all the times he woke me up at 1:00, 2:00, 3:30, 3:36 etc AND I won't get in trouble for doing it!"
"Don't worry about Tender-Heart over there", I told the Therapist. "I am a stay at home Dad and will have no problem with doing the exercises.
Well, let me say at this point that while we were with the Therapist Ford was at about a 3 on the aforementioned 1-10 scale.
End part one. Part two to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment