I checked the 5 day weather forecast and to my surprise, I saw that the temperature was to be in the high 50's on Friday. I knew I needed a day out so I thought it may be a perfect day to get Briana to take a day off and spend a night in Frankenmuth. We had gotten an ad in the mail that staying at the Bavarian Inn was greatly discounted through April. Most importantly I was going to get a little time away from our precious little angel, Bratface....okay, okay, he's not really that bad, but boy was I looing forward to missing him.
Basically, I was looking forward to spending some Mommy and Big Baby Daddy time.
Mommy had other ideas. She wanted to bring Ford with us.
I tried to reason with her a bit. "It'll be too cold for him"....."No it won't" was her response,
"He's never been for a long car ride."
"He'll handle it just fine."
"He is going to throw a fit and disturb people at the restaurant."
"Then you can stay and finish your chicken (beer) and I'll take him outside."
There was no way I was dragging Mommy away from her precious little bundle of pain in my ass yet. So against my better judgement (which I clearly and repeatedly stated to my wife) I agreed to take with me exactly what I was looking to get away from for a day.
I doubt that I ever had more fun in Frankenmuth.
He was nothing but a joy THE WHOLE TRIP. There was no exception. He slept on the in the car (both ways). He slept great at the hotel. He handled being outside just fine. He had a blast in the pool. He flirted with all the pretty (and not so pretty) girls and was great at the restaurant. He even tipped the waiter (Come to think of it, that part is a little fuzzy from the beers...I probably tipped the waiter).
All in all it was a great trip and I look forward to his next outing.
Of course, I still need to ditch him for a night for that Mommy and Big Baby Daddy time...
4 comments:
I promise you'll get a Mommy and Big Babby Daddy night soon. Ford and I are glad we convinced you to take him along on our trip though!
Great show on Picasa! Love the facial expressions! Great job!p
Baby Grandma in Cleveland
REALLY looking forward to the next blog. Pick a rainy/cold day and a cup of coffee and write your fans a juicy piece of your mind. (Including pictures, please)
Ohio Grandma
Sure would love to hear from you. You have a unique perspective on mommy/daddyhood.
Post a Comment